Bay Area Birth Center believes:
- The birth of a baby is sacred event that only happens once and should be respected as an important part of that family’s history.
- Pregnancy and childbirth is a normal, healthy process and can be one of the most empowering of life’s experiences.
- Women have the right to seek care that is medically safe, that fits their lifestyles, and that recognizes and respects their individual physical, social, spiritual, psychological, and economic needs.
- Women and families have the right and responsibility to assume an active role in their own health care.
- Education is an essential part of quality health care. Only when women and their families have real access to information are they able to assume an active role in their own health care.
- Once screened for safety, a large percentage of women can birth safely out of hospital (85-90%).
- The midwife’s role is to observe, monitor mother and baby and to support and promote the normal process. We are your guardians during the birth process.
- Interventions, drugs and surgery are appropriately and medically indicated for only a small number of women. Medical interventions should not be used routinely.
- Women, babies and their families benefit from the most natural birth possible and because childbirth affects more than just mothers and babies, maternity care should support and promote the well-being of the entire family.
Does this sound like the kind of care you want for yourself, for your pregnancy and your baby? We invite you to contact us and schedule a complementary consultation. Come and tour our birth center and see if Bay Area Birth Center is right for you and your family. We’ll work with you to create a safe, sensitive, supportive atmosphere—during your pregnancy and for the birth of your baby.